Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Deliriously Overjoyed (and a new scarf!)

I can't remember the last time I cried tears of happiness. Yes we can!




Inspired to get right to work, I finished a new scarf and the old warp. I'm pleasantly surprised by how this one turned out- I took a deep breath and threw it in the washing machine to see how the wool would behave. The pale yellow yarn turns out to not be wool and kept its length while the white wool shrunk in both length and width. This gives the scarf fun little ripples and really changed the texture of the weaving.
I think I'll return to a blue-green and blood red theme for the next series of scarves. I really love this combination - ever since a series of pieces I experimented with in my fibers class at college. I'm also planning on making this next set a bit wider and playing more with wool and fulling (felting).

No comments: