Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rachel's Christmas Gift

Here is the gift I was most pleased with this holiday season. I found the bird mobile pattern on several craft blogs throughout last year and had it tabbed for months. My sister really liked it and I think it will look great in her room. The birds were quite fun to sew- picking fabrics and using up scraps. The assembling of the mobile was such a challenge! My brain hurt trying to get everything to balance and just when I'd added a bird and branch - it would throw off the balance of everything that came before. I drew pictures of seesaws and chubby kids to help me figure out where fulcrum needed to go. I think I made it much more complicated than it needed to be, but that's okay.

1 comment:

Olga L. said...

hey will you be making/selling any more bird mobiles??