Friday, January 23, 2009

New Vancouver Scarf

This coloring in this scarf was initially inspired by a photograph of silverware in a Martha Stewart magazine. Once I got it off the loom it reminded me more of Vancouver. At the end of high school, I was lucky enough to travel there on a trip to Alaska. I was only in the city for a few hours while waiting for our ship, but it was one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been. Everything was icy blue and white, there were mountains all around and no litter anywhere. If only we could all live like Canadians.


We're off to Pennsylvania for the weekend and I wanted to post this new scarf before we left. I got to play around a lot with the German Bird's Eye pattern and there are so many variations. This scarf got the last bit of the handspun wool Brian had given me over the summer. Sad to see the end of it because it has a great soft texture and creamy color. Soon I'll have to stock up on more yarn...

No comments: