Tuesday, January 10, 2012

happy new year!


Happy New Year! We've been hard at work on a new stop motion music video and they has simply been no time for weaving.. I do want to share some of the gifts I'd crafted for family and friends this Christmas. Here are cotton produce bags I made with a stamp carved out of an eraser for the pattern. I am looking forward to using them at the veggie stand this summer and quit plastic altogether at the local grocery store. For years we have been on the reusable bag bandwagon, and happy to place our broccoli  or lemons on the conveyor belt when checking out. And I use small paper bags (often available by the pears to encourage ripening) to hold loose mushrooms (they keep in the fridge better than plastic) and later the compost. But how do you corral brussel sprouts? And lentils from the bulk department? I made an extra set for myself and am excited to use them!



No comments: