Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Loom for Sale! *update, sold :)

I'm downsizing and it's time to send my Herald loom to a new loving home! I've been weaving on this workhorse since 2005 when I purchased her secondhand from another weaver. She's a 45 inch, 4 harness jack loom with 4 treadles for lots of patterning options. She has a few quirks so I'd recommend a new owner with a little weaving experience or someone willing to invest in lessons.







The nice thing about a non-computerized piece of equipment is how easy it is to fix or jury-rig any parts that wear out or break. Over the years several wooden parts have broken and I had well-working replacements made (2 anchor strips that hold up the back beam, the release rod for the braking system and several of the rivets on the lifters which have been replaced with simple nuts and bolts). 


Other specs:
*size 12 reed is included as well as 2 raddles, 2 butterfly shuttles and an extra anchor strip
*14 page xeroxed booklet with background on Herald looms, information on different models, a handy labeled drawing of parts and mechanisms that I purchased from a weaving library online



I've been very happy with this loom and am sad to see it go! I'm asking for $175 or best offer, as is. You'll need a truck to transport this to your home. *This loom is located in Chadds Ford, PA. Interested? Email vanessalauria@gmail.com.

No comments: