Thursday, April 1, 2010

Handwoven Mustard Scarf

For the latest set of scarves, I decided to wind a primarily black warp. Because most of the colors I choose contrast greatly with the black, the patterning really shows up. I really like the two tone effect I'm getting - depending on how you wear the scarf, the color really changes.

I love using wool for its weight; the thicker/heavier yarn creates beautiful texture. But, I have been trying to minimize the wool in some scarves- especially now that warmer weather is coming. This scarf is mostly cotton and pima cotton with just a few small sections of wool.


It was just gorgeous outside today. All of our windows are open. It feels wonderful to get some fresh air in the apartment. Pidge has been belly up most of the day- when she isn't laying in the windows. She is so content right now :)

Albert and I are going to have a big yard sale this weekend. We stayed up until nearly 3 last night going through the attic and turning the place upside down. Our living room is totally full of stuff to sell :) Pictures to follow, I'm sure. If you're in the area.. come say hi!

No comments: