Thursday, September 16, 2010

End of Summer

I was hanging on to the last thread of summer- but I think it's officially gone. And though winter is too tough- I am excited for lentil soup and squash. And apples! Might try canning applesauce this year. I made a second batch of tomatoes in my tiny kitchen- not as easy as the double canner operation my mom and I had at her house last month.. an all day production, but totally worth it.

Getting ready for the Clothesline festival was the real event of this summer. I don't know if I've ever been so busy! There's nothing like a show (the biggest one I've attended so far) to kick a giant beachball of motivation and inspiration your way. Thirty new scarves came with me to the festival! Below 2 photos from Ellison Park.

This is one warp unrolled- 12 yards of weaving- about 6 scarves. Each scarf takes about 8 hours from start to finish.

I tied fringe on a picnic blanket (the t-shirt blanket I made Albert last year).

No comments: